Clarion University of Pennsylvania: Clarion, PA [PDF transcript]
Southern Connecticut State University: New Haven, CT [PDF transcript]
- M.S. Library Science: 12/2002
- Concentrations in general reference, collection-development policy, service to minority and disabled populations, and using new technologies for information-literacy instruction.
- 3.90 GPA
Duquesne University: Pittsburgh, PA [PDF transcript]
- transfer to Clarion University: 5/2001
Indiana State University: Terre Haute, IN [PDF transcript]
- Ph.D. English Literature: 6/2000
- Concentrations in British 19th-century periodicals, Jacobean drama, and English composition.
- Dissertation: The Pre-Raphaelite Critic, 1846-1860: An Annotated Edition of Periodical Critical Opinion of the Pre-Raphaelites [Rich Text front matter], under direction of Frederick Newberry and Samuel Tindall.
- 3.975 GPA
- 1999 William Morris Society Dissertation Fellowship
- 1998 Hunkele Foundation Instructional Innovation Teaching with Technology Grant
- 1997-1999 Treasurer, English Graduate Organization
- 1997 National Endowment for the Humanities Challenge Grant
Canisius College: Buffalo, NY [PDF transcript]
- M.A. English Literature, magna cum laude: 5/1996
- Concentrations in business writing, developmental writing, teaching adult students, and British 19th-century literature.
- Thesis: The Critical Reception of Pre-Raphaelite Painting and Poetry: 1850-1900 [Rich Text], under direction of Matthew Brennan and Devoney Looser.
- 4.0 GPA
- Research grants from the ISU Arts Endowment, ISU Graduate Research Fund, and Pfennig Foundation.
- B.A. English Literature, cum laude: 5/1994
- 3.98 GPA; All-College Honors Program
- Canisius College Presidential Scholarship and three NY State scholarships (Byrd Honor Scholarship; Regents Scholarship w/honors, Empire State Scholarship)
- Kappa Delta Pi (education honor society, chapter charter member); Alpha Sigma Nu (Jesuit honor society); Sigma Tau Delta (English honor society, chapter pres. 1993-1994); English Club (secretary 1992-1993, president 1993-1994)
- 1994 Charles Brady Award for Excellence in English
International Association of Accessibility Professionals: 6300 Powers Ferry Road, Suite 600-300, Atlanta, GA 30339
Quality Matters: 1997 Annapolis Exchange Parkway Suite 300, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC) credential: 8/2018 [PDF certificate]
- IAAP's foundational certification, representing broad, cross-disciplinary conceptual knowledge about 1) disabilities, 2) accessibility and universal design, and 3) accessibility-related standards, laws, and management strategies.
University of Illinois: Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Applying the Quality Matters Rubric course 9/2016 [PDF certificate]
- Peer Reviewer course 9/2016 [forthcoming]
Project Management Institute: Newtown Square, PA
DePaul University: 25 East Jackson Boulevard, Suite 1600, Chicago, IL 60604
John A. Logan College: 700 Logan College Road, Carterville, IL 62918
- Master Online Teacher (MOT) certification: 1/2016 [PDF certificate]
- Concentrations in copyright, accessibility, and technology integration.
The University of South Alabama: Mobile, AL [PDF transcript]
- Voice Acting for Radio and Television: 2/2007 (0.2 CEU)
DeVry University: 1 Tower Lane, Chicago, IL 60601
- 2007 Employee Performance: Resolving Conflict (0.2 CEU)
- 2006 Advanced Interpersonal Communication: Communicating to Build a Positive Culture (0.3 CEU)
- 2006 Balanced Scorecard: Corporate Strategy (0.2 CEU)
- 2006 Call Center Management: Managing an Inbound Call Center (0.3 CEU)
- 2006 Call Center Management: Managing and Motivating Your Staff (0.3 CEU)
- 2006 Call Center Management: Measuring Quality and Performance (0.3 CEU)
- 2006 Claims Customer-Service Process (0.2 CEU)
- 2006 Human Resources Law: Americans with Disabilites Act (0.2 CEU)
- 2006 Leadership Development: Goal Setting (0.3 CEU)
- 2006 XML Technology Overview (0.2 CEU)
- 2005 360-Degree Feedback: Experiencing 360-Degree Feedback (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 360-Degree Feedback: Implementing a 360-Degree Program (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 360-Degree Feedback: Maximizing the Benefits of 360-Degree Feedback (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Consulting: Building Consulting Relationships (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Consulting: The Consulting Process (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Consulting: Serving as an Internal Consultant (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Essentials of Management: Creating a Positive Workplace (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Essentials of Management: Succeeding as a New Manager (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Excellence in Service: Fundamentals for Managers (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Frontline Leadership: Knowledge in the Workplace (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Frontline Leadership: Positively Influencing Workplace Culture (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Frontline Leadership: Preparing to Lead (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Managing Change: The Change Process (0.2 CEU)
- 2005 Managing Change: Managing Yourself through Change (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Managing Change: Overcoming Change Obstacles (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Six Sigma Part 1: Six Sigma Essentials (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Six Sigma Part 2: Deploying Six Sigma (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Six Sigma Part 3: Managing Six Sigma Projects (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Team Leadership: Conducting Productive Team Meetings (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Team Leadership: Developing a High-Performance Team (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Team Leadership: Promoting Your Team Effectiveness (0.3 CEU)
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Rare Book School, University of Virginia: Charlottesville, VA
- "Teaching Excellence Course Plus" Facilitator Training Program: 5/2004 [PDF Certificate]
State of New York
- L-010: Introduction to Special Collections Librarianship with Alice Schreyer, University of Chicago: 7/2002 [PDF Certificate]
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 2 November 2019. © 2001-2014 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.