Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Jan 9, 2019. "Universal Design for Learning: Ask Me Anything." Invited author Q&A session. Reflective Practices in Teaching workshop series. Warwick, RI: Community College of Rhode Island.
- Jan 15, 2019. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and workshop. Opening Days event. Canandaigua, NY: Finger Lakes Community College.
- Jan 25, 2019. "Access & Accessibility: Why Residential Learners Do Hybrid Programs Better." Invited keynote and half-day workshop. Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges (LVAIC) faculty-development series. Eaton, PA: Lafayette College.
- Jan 31, 2019. "Universal Design for Learning: The Hidden Chapters." Invited webinar. Cambridge, MA: 3Play Media.
- Feb 19, 2019. "How IT Can Foster Expert-Level Universal Design for Learning (UDL)." Anaheim, CA: EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) Annual Meeting.
- Mar 19, 2019. "5 Teaching Secrets for Success with Today's Mobile, Time-Crunched Students." Invited Keynote. Innovations in Teaching & Learning Luncheon. Office for Teaching and Learning. Detroit, MI: Wayne State University.
- Mar 28-29, 2019. "Making the UDL Case to Campus and School Leaders." UDL-IRN International Summit. Orlando, FL: Universal Design for Learning Implementation & Research Network (UDL-IRN).
- Apr 6, 2019. "Global is Mobile: Hungarian Higher Education and the Transition to Distance Learning." Invited speech. 44th Annual Conference: Identity: Hungarian, European, Global? Pittsburgh, PA: American Hungarian Educators Association (AHEA).
- May 9-10, 2019. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and workshop. Upper Peninsula Teaching and Learning Conference (UPTLC). Houghton, MI: Michigan Technological University.
- Jun 5, 2019. "Mobile, Global, and Any Time: Universal Design for Learning" and "Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and workshop. Center for Teaching and Assessment of Learning (CTAL) Annual Teaching Conference. Newark, DE: University of Delaware.
- Jun 11, 2019. "Going Way beyond Accessibility with Universal Design for Learning" and "Expand Learner Choices with Systematic UDL Implementation." Invited keynote and workshop. Council for Academic Technology and Innovative Education (CATIE) Chancellor's Symposium. College Station, TX: Texas A&M University System.
- Jun 13, 2019. "Around the Clock, Around the Block, Mobile and Global, Enhanced: Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote. Big XII Teaching & Learning Conference. Austin, TX: University of Texas-Austin.
- Aug 16, 2019. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote, workshop series, and leadership consultation. Center for Teaching and Learning Professional Development Series. Dallas, TX: Parker University.
Research, Grants, and Publications
- Dec 2018. "Reaching All Learners through their Phones and Universal Design for Learning." Journal of Adult Learning, Knowledge, and Innovation 2.1 (2018). http://akademiai.com/loi/jalki.
- Dec 31, 2018. Content designer. "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion" module series. Denver, CO: EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative.
- Jan 1, 2019. Interview on UDL, Title TBD. CollegeSTAR podcast series. Boone, NC: Appalachian State University.
- Early 2019. Fulbright fellowship interview (title TBD). EPALE Magazin Hungary. Electronic Platform for Adult Learning in Europe (EPALE).
- 2019 release. Linder, K., Kelly, K., & Tobin, T. Going Alt-Ac: A Guide to Alternative Academic Careers. Sterling, VA: Stylus Press.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 11 December 2018. © 2001-2018 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.