Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Oct 19, 2017. "How To Increase Online Student Course Evaluation Rates: 4 Strategies That Work." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators. [use code web50 to save $50.00 on registration]
- Oct 26-29, 2017. "Copyright Ninjas." Vendor session. 42nd Annual Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network conference. Montréal, QC: Le Centre Sheraton Hotel.
- Oct 30, 2017. "Re-Framing Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education." Invited keynote speech, and "UDL in the Classroom." Invited workshop. Southeastern Universal Design for Learning Conference. Nashville, TN: Tennessee Board of Regents.
- Oct 31 - Nov 1, 2017. "Day-to-Day UDL," "How to Talk to Faculty Members about UDL," "UDL & QEP: Way Beyond Disabilities," and "Help Everyone Hear You Speak Up." Invited workshop series for campus leaders, faculty members, and students. Speak Up Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) program. Greensboro, NC: Guilford College.
- Nov 8, 2017. "Secret Department-Chair Training: How to Evaluate Teaching." Invited half-day workshop. Department Chair Professional Development series. Faculty Center for Teaching Excellence. Terre Haute, IN: Indiana State University.
- Nov 8, 2017. "Universal Design for Learning: Putting Rights into Practice." Invited webinar. Washington, DC: Blackboard.
- Nov 9-10, 2017. "Day to Day Universal Design for Learning" and "How to Talk to Faculty about Universal Design for Learning," invited half-day workshops; and "Universal Design for Learning: Way Beyond Accessibility," invited keynote address. IU Online conference. Indianapolis, IN: Indiana University.
- Nov 15, 2017. "Online Copyright Ninja School." Accelerate conference. Orlando, FL: Online Learning Consortium (OLC).
- Nov 16, 2017. "Using Evaluation Of Online Teaching Data To Make Meaningful Change." With B. Jean Mandernach and Ann H. Taylor. Accelerate conference. Orlando, FL: Online Learning Consortium (OLC).
- Nov 17 & 29, Dec 6, 2017. "From Courses to Colleges to Campus: How to Evaluate Online Teaching for Your Whole Institution." Online course. With B. Jean Mandernach and Ann H. Taylor. EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative.
- Jan 9, 2018. "Become a Copyright Ninja" and "Universal Design for Learning: Way Beyond Disabilities." Invited professional-development workshops. School of Health Professions. Lubbock, TX: Texas Tech University.
- Jan 16 - Mar 6, 2018. "CR1811: Copyright Issues in Online Education." Online course. Master Online Teacher certification program. Springfield, IL: University of Illinois at Springfield.
Research, Grants, Consulting, and Publications
- Feb 1 - May 31, 2018. Fulbright U.S. Scholar core program grant. Teaching Award 7226: Beyond the Traditional Classroom. Budapest, Hungary: Eötvös Loránd University.
- Fall 2018 release. Tobin, T., & Behling, K. Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone: Re-Framing Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education. Ed. James Lang. Teaching and Learning in Higher Education series. Morgantown, WV: West Virginia University Press.
- Late 2018/early 2019 release. Tobin, T. Going Alt-Ac: A Guide to Alternative Academic Careers. With Kathryn Linder and Kevin Kelly. Sterling, VA: Stylus Press.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 13 October 2017. © 2001-2017 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.