Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Sep 10, 2019. "Universal Design for Learning is for Our Connected Learners." Invited keynote. eLearning Academy. Spokane, WA: Community Colleges of Spokane.
- Sep 17, 2019. "Grade Less, Teach Less, Learn More." Online Seminar series. Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
- Sep 20, 2019. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote, faculty workshop, student workshop, and leadership consultation. Disability Awareness Week series. Salt Lake City, UT: Salt Lake Community College.
- Sep 26, 2019. "How To Increase Online Student Course Evaluation Rates: 4 Strategies That Work." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators. https://www.innovativeeducators.org/products/how-to-increase-online-student-course-evaluation-rates-4-strategies-that-work-919.
- Oct 4, 2019. "Secret Boss Training: How to Observe and Evaluate Teaching." Invited session. St. Louis, MO: Magna Leadership in Higher Education conference.
- Oct 16, 2019. "How to Reach Every Learner: The Science of Student Success." Invited session. Chicago, IL: EDUCAUSE Annual Conference.
- Oct 17, 2019. Guest host. UDL in Higher Education #UDLHE Twitter chat. Lexington, KY: University of Kentucky.
- Oct 18, 2019. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning" and "Expand Learner Choices." Invited keynote and workshop. Fort Lauderdale, FL: Broward College.
- Oct 24, 2019. "How to Observe and Evaluate Faculty in the Online Classroom." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Nov 11, 2019. "Go Beyond Usability with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote. National Usability Day faculty-development program. York, PA: York College of Pennsylvania.
- Nov 12, 2019. "Online Learning That Sticks: Strategies to Shift to Student-Centered Learning." Online Seminar series. Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
- Nov 16, 2019. "Make Your CTL a Campus Universal Design for Learning Hub." With Mary Ann Tobin. Connection: Closing the Distance. Pittsburgh, PA: 44th annual Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network conference.
- Nov 22, 2019. "Secret Boss Training: Engage Online Leaders to Adopt Universal Design for Learning." Accelerate conference. Orlando, FL: Online Learning Consortium (OLC).
- Feb 28, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote. Annual Teaching and Learning Symposium. Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State University.
- Mar 5, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and full-day workshop series. Teaching Transformation & Development Academy. Grand Forks, ND: University of North Dakota.
- May 14, 2020. Uncover the Secrets about Universal Design for Learning" and "How to Talk to Your Colleagues about UDL." Invited keynote and workshop. Resources for the Electronic Classroom: A Faculty-Student Partnership (RECAP) Conference. Information Services and Technology Division. West Chester, PA: West Chester University.
Research, Grants, Publications, Interviews, & Project Work
- Sep 2019. Ullmer, J. Review of Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone: Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education by T. Tobin and K. Behling. Teaching English in the Two-Year College. Vol. 47.1.
- Sep 4, 2019. "In the Halls of the King Under the Mountain (of Grading)." Faculty Focus. .
- Dec 2019. "Reaching All Learners through their Phones and Universal Design for Learning." Journal of Adult Learning, Knowledge, and Innovation 3.1 (2019). http://akademiai.com/loi/jalki.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 18 August 2019. © 2001-2019 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.