Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Jun 3, 2020. "An Open Conversation with the Authors of Going Alt-Ac." With Katie Linder and Kevin Kelly. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing.
- Jun 12 & Jul 31, 2020. "3 Ways to Support Students during COVID-19 Remote Instruction." Invited webinar. Nashville, TN: Tennessee State University.
- Jun 15, 2020. "UDL Design Hacks for Online Courses & Programs." Invited Featured Workshop. Building Bridges in Digital, Blended, and Online Learning. Online Learning Consortium (OLC) Innovate online conference.
- Jun 17 & Sep 1, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning" and "Ask Tom Anything about UDL." Invited keynote and open-format feedback session. Mellon Foundation Faculty-Development Workshop Series. Appleton, WI: Lawrence University.
- Jun 23, 2020. "Three Secrets of Evaluating Remote Teaching during COVID-19." Invited keynote. EvaluWise User Conference. Joliet, IL: Vista Learning.
- Jul 10, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited webinar. Nashville, TN: Tennessee State University.
- Jul 13, 16, 20, & 23, 2020. "Three Secrets for Reaching FET Learners Remotely: Universal Design for Learning in the Irish Further Education & Training Sector." Invited webinar series. Dublin, IE: Association for Higher Education Access & Disability (AHEAD) Ireland.
- Jul 29, 2020. "Uncover the Secrets about Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and workshop. Resources for the Electronic Classroom: A Faculty-Student Partnership (RECAP) Conference. Information Services and Technology Division. West Chester, PA: West Chester University.
- Aug 3-7, 2020. Emcee and conference organizer. 36th Annual Distance Teaching & Learning conference. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Aug 11, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning" and "Expanding Access for Everyone across Campus." Invited keynote and workshop. Accessibility Policy Professional Development Day. Dallas, TX: Texas Wesleyan University.
- Aug 17, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning" and "Expanding Learner Choices with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and breakout session. Orientation Days series. Des Plaines, IL: Oakton Community College.
- Sep 9, 16, & 23, 2020. "Going Alt-Ac: Alternative Academic Careers." With Kathyrn Linder and Kevin Kelly. Online course. EDUCAUSE Learning Initative.
- Sep 10, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning" and "Expanding Learner Choices." Invited keynote and workshop. Adjunct Faculty Teaching & Learning Conference. Palatine, IL: Harper College.
- Sep 17, 2020. "The Dark Arts Explained: How to Get Funding, People, and Time to Implement UDL." Invited lecture. ACCESS conference. Boston, MA: 3Play Media.
- Sep 24, 2020. "No Budget, No Time, No PeopleNo Problem: Meaningful UDL on a Shoestring." Invited webinar. Cambridge, MA: 3Play Media.
- Oct 8, 2020. "Why Are Students So Focused on Grades?" Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- EVENT POSTPONED. "Expanding Learner Choices" and "Universal Design for Learning across Campus." Invited workshops. Mellon Foundation "Becoming Community" Certificate Series. Collegeville, MN: College of Saint Benedict & Saint John's University.
Research, Grants, Publications, Interviews, & Project Work
- Jun 3, 2020. Kane, John & Mushtare, Rebecca. "UDL in the Pedagogies of Care Collection." Interview. Tea for Teaching podcast. Oswego, NY: SUNY Oswego.
- Jul 2020. "How to Make the Most of Academic Conferences." Invited article. Advice Guides series. Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Expected Fall 2021 release. Foreword. McKenna, J. Limitless Learning: Driving Peak Performance in Individuals and Organizations with Universal Design for Learning. Wakefield, MA: CAST Publishing.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 1 June 2020. © 2001-2020 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.