Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Jul 12-14, 2017. "Diseño Universal para el Aprendizaje (DUA) que Puede Hacer Mañana." Invited keynote speech and workshop. Primer Encuentro de Enseñanza y Aprendizaje en Educación Superior: Pequeños Cambios, Grandes Transformaciones. Centro para la Excelencia Docente (CEDU). Barranquilla, Colombia: Universidad del Norte.
- Jul 19, 2017. "Become a Desire2Learn Copyright Ninja." Desire2Learn Fusion conference. Las Vegas, NV: Bellagio Hotel and Conference Center.
- Jul 26, 2017. "Voices for Accessibility in Distance Learning," invited spotlight panel moderator. Distance Teaching and Learning conference. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Jul 27, 2017. "Tough Challenges Think Tank: Accessibility," invited panel moderator. Distance Teaching and Learning conference. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Jul 27, 2017. "Getting Beyond 'It Depends': Copyright You Can Actually Understand and Apply," featured conference session. Distance Teaching and Learning conference. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Aug 16, 2017. "Universal Design for Learning: Way Beyond Disabilities." Invited keynote and workshop. Welcome-Back Convocation. Graniteville, SC: Aiken Technical College.
- Sep 14, 2017. "Three Paths to Academic Integrity." Invited workshop. Center for Online Learning & Innovation (COLI) Innovation series. Buffalo, NY: Canisius College.
- Sep 15, 2017. "Way Beyond Disabilities: Re-Framing Universal Design for Learning." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Sep 20, 2017. "Universal Design for Learning: Way Beyond Disabilities." Invited keynote speech. 23rd Annual Educational Technology Cooperative Annual Meeting. Atlanta, GA: Southern Regional Education Board.
- Oct 4, 11, & 18, 2017. "Copyright in Higher Education." Online course. EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative.
- Oct 5, 2017. "How to Observe and Evaluate Faculty in the Online Classroom." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Oct 7-8, 2017. "Copyright for Teaching with Technology." Teaching with Technology Conference. Baltimore, MD: Magna Publications.
- Oct 19, 2017. "How To Increase Online Student Course Evaluation Rates: 4 Strategies That Work." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Oct 26-29, 2017. "Copyright Ninjas." Vendor session. 42nd Annual Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network conference. Montréal, QC: Le Centre Sheraton Hotel.
- Oct 30-31, 2017. "Re-Framing Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education." Invited keynote speech, and "UDL in the Classroom." Invited workshop. Southeastern Universal Design for Learning Conference. Nashville, TN: Tennessee Board of Regents.
- Nov 10, 2017. Topic TBD. Invited keynote. IU Online conference. Indianapolis, IN: Indiana University.
- Nov 15-17, 2017. "Become a Copyright Ninja." Accelerate conference. Orlando, FL: Online Learning Consortium (OLC).
- Nov 17 & 29, Dec 6, 2017. "From Courses to Colleges to Campus: How to Evaluate Online Teaching for Your Whole Institution." Online course. With B. Jean Mandernach and Ann H. Taylor. EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative.
- Jan 9, 2018. "Become a Copyright Ninja" and "Universal Design for Learning: Way Beyond Disabilities." Invited professional-development workshops. School of Health Professions. Lubbock, TX: Texas Tech University.
Research, Grants, Consulting, and Publications
- Feb 1 - May 31, 2018. Fulbright U.S. Scholar core program grant. Teaching Award 7226: Beyond the Traditional Classroom. Budapest, Hungary: Eötvös Loránd University.
- Spring 2018 release. Tobin, T., & Behling, K. Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone: Re-Framing Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education. Ed. James Lang. Teaching and Learning in Higher Education series. Morgantown, WV: West Virginia University Press.
- Proposed for mid-to-late-2018 release. Going Alt-Ac: A Guide to Alternative Academic Careers. With Kathryn Linder and Kevin Kelly. Sterling, VA: Stylus Press.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 27 June 2017. © 2001-2017 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.