Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Aug 17, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning" and "Expanding Learner Choices with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and breakout session. Orientation Days series. Des Plaines, IL: Oakton Community College.
- Aug 20, 2020. "Working Remotely Before, During, and After the Pandemic." Interview with Monica and Peter Rysavy. Tea and Tech podcast. Wilmington, DE: Goldey-Beacom College.
- Sep 1, 2020. "Ask Tom Anything about UDL." Invited open-format feedback session. Mellon Foundation Faculty-Development Workshop Series. Appleton, WI: Lawrence University.
- Sep 9, 16, & 23, 2020. "Going Alt-Ac: Alternative Academic Careers for Technology Professionals." With Kathyrn Linder and Kevin Kelly. Online course. EDUCAUSE Learning Initative.
- Sep 10, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning" and "Expanding Learner Choices." Invited keynote and workshop. Adjunct Faculty Teaching & Learning Conference. Palatine, IL: Harper College.
- Sep 15, 2020. "No Budget, No Time, No PeopleNo Problem: Meaningful UDL on a Shoestring." Invited lecture. ACCESS conference. Boston, MA: 3Play Media.
- Sep 22, 2020. "Now More than Ever: Caring, Student-Centered, and Adaptive Pedagogies." Invited webinar. With Victoria Mondelli, Joshua Eyler, & Natasha Haugnes. EDUCAUSE Learning Initative.
- Oct 8, 2020. "Why Are Students So Focused on Grades?" Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Oct 26, 2020. "Seven Secrets for Standard Eight: Accessibility Review When You're Not an Accessibility Expert." QM Connect LX: 12th Annual Conference on Quality Assurance in Online Learning. St Louis, MO: Quality Matters.
- Nov 18, 2020. "Maximum Student Engagement, Minimum Instructor Setup: UDL versus the HyFlex Design Model." Accelerate conference. Orlando, FL: Online Learning Consortium (OLC).
- Spring 2021 TBD. "The Dark Arts Explained: How to Get Funding, People, and Time to Implement UDL." Invited webinar. Cambridge, MA: 3Play Media.
Research, Grants, Publications, Interviews, & Project Work
- Expected Fall 2021 release. Foreword. McKenna, J. Limitless Learning: Driving Peak Performance in Individuals and Organizations with Universal Design for Learning. Wakefield, MA: CAST Publishing.
- Expected after a COVID-19 vaccine is announced. "How to Make the Most of Academic Conferences." Invited article. Advice Guides series. Chronicle of Higher Education.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 13 August 2020. © 2001-2020 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.