Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Feb 6, 13, & 20, 2020. "Implementing Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education." Online course. EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative.
- Feb 28, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote. Annual Teaching and Learning Symposium. Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State University.
- Mar 5, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and full-day workshop series. Teaching Transformation & Development Academy. Grand Forks, ND: University of North Dakota.
- Mar 9, 2020. "The Academic Speaking & Consulting Guide: Messaging, Marketing, & Honoring Your Expertise." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Mar 23, 2020. "Expanding Learner Choices" and "Universal Design for Learning across Campus." Invited workshops. Mellon Foundation "Becoming Community" Certificate Series. Collegeville, MN: College of Saint Benedict & Saint John's University.
- Apr 1, 2020. "UDL Design Hacks for Online Courses & Programs." Invited Featured Workshop. Chicago, IL: Online Learning Consortium (OLC) Innovate conference.
- May 14, 2020. "Uncover the Secrets about Universal Design for Learning" and "How to Talk to Your Colleagues about UDL." Invited keynote and workshop. Resources for the Electronic Classroom: A Faculty-Student Partnership (RECAP) Conference. Information Services and Technology Division. West Chester, PA: West Chester University.
- May 29, 2020. "Engage, Prepare, and Empower Your Students through Universal Design for Learning." Invited pre-conference workshop with Brenda Brueggemann. Teaching Professor conference. Atlanta, GA: Magna Publications.
- Jun 29, 2020. "The Online Administrator's How-To Guide for Micro-Credential Programs." Distance Learning Administration (DLA) conference. Jekyll Island, GA: University of West Georgia.
- Aug 4-6, 2020. Emcee and conference organizer. 36th Annual Distance Teaching & Learning conference. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Aug 17, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning" and "Expanding Learner Choices with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and breakout session. Orientation Days series. Des Plaines, IL: Oakton Community College.
- Sep 9, 16, & 23, 2020. "Going Alt-Ac: Alternative Academic Careers." With Kathyrn Linder and Kevin Kelly. Online course. EDUCAUSE Learning Initative.
- Sep 24, 2020. "No Budget, No Time, No PeopleNo Problem: Meaningful UDL on a Shoestring." Invited webinar. Cambridge, MA: 3Play Media.
Research, Grants, Publications, Interviews, & Project Work
- Jan 7 - Apr 30, 2020. Consulting Expert. "A Conceptual Framework of Universal Design for Learning for the Irish Further Education & Training Sector." Invited consulting. SOLAS grant [number forthcoming]. Association for Higher Education Access & Disability (AHEAD) Ireland.
- Jun 2020. "How to Make the Most of Academic Conferences." Invited article. Advice Guides series. Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Jun 14-18, 2020. Nominated fellow. Academic Leadership Academy. Center for the Study of Higher Education (CSHE). University Park, PA: The Pennsylvania State University.
- Spring 2021 release. Foreword. McKenna, J. Work Is Learning: Universal Design for Learning in the Workplace. Wakefield, MA: CAST Publishing.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 20 February 2020. © 2001-2020 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.