Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Aug 20, 2020 (recording date, release TBD). "Working Remotely Before, During, and After the Pandemic." Interview with Monica and Peter Rysavy. Tea and Tech podcast. Wilmington, DE: Goldey-Beacom College.
- Sep 29, 2020 (recording date, release TBD). "About Thomas J. Tobin Consulting." Ed Tech Speaks podcast. Phoenix, AZ: Downing Edtech Consulting.
- Oct 23, 2020. "Universal Design for Learning Basics in Online & Remote Teaching." Invited keynote. Virtual Faculty Roundtable series. Wilmington, DE: Goldey-Beacom College.
- Oct 26, 2020. "Seven Secrets for Standard Eight: Accessibility Review When You're Not an Accessibility Expert." QM Connect LX: 12th Annual Conference on Quality Assurance in Online Learning. St Louis, MO: Quality Matters.
- Oct 30, 2020. "Lower Anxiety, Barriers, and Inequity for Remote Learners—Fast!" Invited keynote. Kentucky Optimizing Online Learning (KOOL) Conference. Versailles, KY: Kentucky Community & Technical College System.
- Oct 30 & Nov 13, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning" and "Expanding Learner Choices across Nursing Education." Invited keynote and workshop. Faculty Diversity series. Omaha, NE: University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- Nov 6, 2020. Invited guest. "Trends in Online Learning: Kicking Off National Distance Learning Week." Friday 5 Live podcast. Meg Foster, host. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators. https://www.innovativeeducators.org/products/friday-5-live-trends-in-online-learning-kicking-off-national-distance-learning-week.
- Nov 12, 2020. "How to Observe & Evaluate Faculty in the Online Classroom." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Nov 13, 2020. "3 Ways to Support Students during COVID-19 Remote Instruction." Invited keynote. 3rd annual Sara Varnum Institute. Salem, OR: Chemeketa Community College.
- Nov 17, 2020. "How to Increase Online Student Course Evaluation Rates: 4 Strategies That Work." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Nov 18, 2020. "Maximum Student Engagement, Minimum Instructor Setup: UDL versus the HyFlex Design Model." Accelerate conference. Orlando, FL: Online Learning Consortium (OLC).
- Nov 30, 2020. "How to Talk with Colleagues about Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote. 15th Annual Pathways conference: Advancing Inclusion in 2020 and Beyond. Launceston, Tasmania: Australian Tertiary Education Network on Disability (ATEND).
- Dec 1, 2020. "3 Ways to Be Ready for Toggle Teaching that Pay Your Students (and You) Back." Invited webinar. Professional Development series. Jackson, MS: Jackson State University.
- Dec 3, 2020. "Address Disruption and Lower Barriers with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote. 35th annual DET/CHE conference. Berkeley, CA: Directors of Educational Technology / California Higher Education.
- Dec 4, 2020. "Lowering Barriers in Irish Further Education & Training with Universal Design for Learning." Invited panel. With Dara Ryder, Ann Heelan, and Roisin Doherty. 15th Annual Pathways conference: Advancing Inclusion in 2020 and Beyond. Launceston, Tasmania: Australian Tertiary Education Network on Disability (ATEND).
Research, Grants, Publications, Interviews, & Project Work
- Expected Fall 2021 release. Foreword. McKenna, J. Limitless Learning: Driving Peak Performance in Individuals and Organizations with Universal Design for Learning. Wakefield, MA: CAST Publishing.
- Expected after a COVID-19 vaccine is announced. "How to Make the Most of Academic Conferences." Invited article. Advice Guides series. Chronicle of Higher Education.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 21 October 2020. © 2001-2020 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.