Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Apr 21-22, 2020. "Three Ways to Support Students during COVID-19." Invited webinar series. Raliegh, NC: North Carolina State University.
- May 29, 2020. "Engage, Prepare, and Empower Your Students through Universal Design for Learning." Invited pre-conference workshop. Teaching Professor conference. Atlanta, GA: Magna Publications.
- Jun 15, 2020. "UDL Design Hacks for Online Courses & Programs." Invited Featured Workshop. Online Learning Consortium (OLC) Innovate conference.
- Aug 4-6, 2020. Emcee and conference organizer. 36th Annual Distance Teaching & Learning conference. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Aug 17, 2020. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning" and "Expanding Learner Choices with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and breakout session. Orientation Days series. Des Plaines, IL: Oakton Community College.
- Sep 9, 16, & 23, 2020. "Going Alt-Ac: Alternative Academic Careers." With Kathyrn Linder and Kevin Kelly. Online course. EDUCAUSE Learning Initative.
- Sep 17, 2020. "The Dark Arts Explained: How to Get Funding, People, and Time to Implement UDL." Invited lecture. ACCESS conference. Boston, MA: 3Play Media.
- Sep 24, 2020. "No Budget, No Time, No PeopleNo Problem: Meaningful UDL on a Shoestring." Invited webinar. Cambridge, MA: 3Play Media.
- Oct 8, 2020. "Why Are Students So Focused on Grades?" Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- EVENT POSTPONED. "Expanding Learner Choices" and "Universal Design for Learning across Campus." Invited workshops. Mellon Foundation "Becoming Community" Certificate Series. Collegeville, MN: College of Saint Benedict & Saint John's University.
- EVENT POSTPONED. "Uncover the Secrets about Universal Design for Learning" and "How to Talk to Your Colleagues about UDL." Invited keynote and workshop. Resources for the Electronic Classroom: A Faculty-Student Partnership (RECAP) Conference. Information Services and Technology Division. West Chester, PA: West Chester University.
Research, Grants, Publications, Interviews, & Project Work
- Jan 7 - Apr 30, 2020. Consulting Expert. "A Conceptual Framework of Universal Design for Learning for the Irish Further Education & Training Sector." Invited consulting. SOLAS grant [number forthcoming]. Association for Higher Education Access & Disability (AHEAD) Ireland.
- May, 2020. "Universal Design for Learning in Online Courses: Beyond Disabilities." In Planning and Designing Your College Course. Foreword by Maryellen Weimer. Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
- Jun 2020. "How to Make the Most of Academic Conferences." Invited article. Advice Guides series. Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Jun 14-18, 2020. Nominated fellow. Academic Leadership Academy. Center for the Study of Higher Education (CSHE). University Park, PA: The Pennsylvania State University.
- Expected Fall 2021 release. Foreword. McKenna, J. Limitless Learning: Driving Peak Performance in Individuals and Organizations with Universal Design for Learning. Wakefield, MA: CAST Publishing.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 8 April 2020. © 2001-2020 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.