Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Mar 21 - Jun 3, 2022. Faculty member. Digital Learning Leaders Institute. EDUCAUSE Institute.
- May 26, 2022. "Universal Design for Learning is the Key to Campus Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion" and "Implementing Universal Design for Learning in and beyond the Classroom." Invited keynote and workshop. University for All Annual Symposium. Dublin, IE: University College Dublin.
- Jun 14, 2022. "Implementing Universal Design for Learning to Support Your Campus Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Efforts." Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Jun 16, 2022. "Regular and Substantive Interaction: Strategies and Resources to Support Student Success." Invited webinar. With Kristen Betts and Michelle Miller. Philadelphia, PA: Drexel University.
- Jun 22 - Aug 31, 2022. Co-instructor. EDHE 622: Neurodiversity in Education and the Workforce. Mind, Brain, and Learning graduate certificate program. Philadelphia, PA: Drexel University.
- Jul 18, 2022. "Lowering Barriers for Adult Learners—and Us Too." Invited keynote. Summer Academy of Adult Learning and Teaching (SAALT) conference. Orono, ME: University of Maine System.
- Jul 25, 2022. "Distance Administration of Distance Staff." Distance Learning Administration (DLA) conference. Jekyll Island, GA: University of West Georgia.
- Jul 29, 2022. "Stepping Out from the Podium: UDL beyond Learner Choices." Learner Voice: the UDL Symposium. Boston, MA: CAST, Inc.
- Aug 3-5, 2022. Emcee and Conference Host. Distance Teaching & Learning (DT&L) conference. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Aug 17, 2022. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote. Faculty in-service day. Staples, MN: Central Lakes College.
- Aug 18, 2022. "Three Inclusive Teaching Secrets that Lower Barriers and Save You Work." Invited keynote. Brainerd, MN: College in the Schools conference.
- Aug 22 - Nov 3, 2022. Faculty member. Digital Learning Leaders Institute. EDUCAUSE Institute.
- Aug 25, 2022. "Belonging in and beyond the Classroom with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote. Teaching and Learning Summer Conference. Toronto, ON: Seneca College.
- Aug 25, 2022. "How to Use Universal Design for Learning to Reach Underserved Learners." Invited webinar. Teach Online Canada webinar series. Thunder Bay, ON: Contact North.
- Sep 1, 2022 - Feb 1, 2023. "UDL Champions." Invited seminar. Fond du Lac, WI: Moraine Park Technical College.
- Sep 7, 2022. "UDL Leadership: Scaling Up," "Universal Design for Learning across Campus," "Secrets of Universal Design for Learning for Technical College Faculty," and "Expert-Level Universal Design for Learning." Invited workshop series. Cleveland, WI: Lakeshore Technical College.
- Sep 13 - Oct 4, 2022. Faculty member. "Going Alt-Ac: Alternative Academic Careers for Technology Professionals." EDUCAUSE Learning Lab series.
Research, Grants, Publications, Interviews, & Project Work
- Expected Spring 2022 release. Foreword. McKenna, J. Limitless Learning: Driving Peak Performance in Individuals and Organizations with Universal Design for Learning. Wakefield, MA: CAST Publishing.
- May 2022. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with UDL." Invited interview with Steven Robinow. Teaching for Student Success podcast.
- Sep 2022 (expected). "How Do You Know You're a Good Teacher?" Invited essay. National Teaching & Learning Forum 32.1.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 10 May 2022. © 2001-2022 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.