Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Jun 21, 2019. "How to Talk to Your Colleagues about UDL." Summer UDL Academy. Syracuse, NY: Onondaga Community College.
- Jul 9-29, 2019. "Ethical and Legal Concepts of Quality in Online Courses." Online course. Learning Design, Development, & Innovation (LDDI). Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Aug 6-8, 2019. Host. 35th Annual Distance Teaching and Learning (DT&L) Conference. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Aug 16, 2019. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote, workshop series, and leadership consultation. Center for Teaching and Learning Professional Development Series. Dallas, TX: Parker University.
- Sep 10, 2019. "Universal Design for Learning is for Our Connected Learners." Invited keynote. eLearning Academy. Spokane, WA: Community Colleges of Spokane.
- Sep 17, 2019. "Grade Less, Teach Less, Learn More." Online Seminar series. Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
- Sep 20, 2019. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote, faculty workshop, student workshop, and leadership consultation. Disability Awareness Week series. Salt Lake City, UT: Salt Lake Community College.
- Sep 26, 2019. "How To Increase Online Student Course Evaluation Rates: 4 Strategies That Work." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Oct 3-5, 2019. "Secret Boss Training: How to Observe and Evaluate Teaching." Invited session. St. Louis, MO: Magna Leadership in Higher Education conference.
- Oct 15, 2019. "How to Observe and Evaluate Faculty in the Online Classroom." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Oct 16, 2019. "How to Reach Every Learner: The Science of Student Success." Invited session. Chicago, IL: EDUCAUSE Annual Conference.
- Oct 17, 2019. Guest host. UDL in Higher Education #UDLHE Twitter chat. Lexington, KY: University of Kentucky.
- Nov 12, 2019. "Online Learning That Sticks: Strategies to Shift to Student-Centered Learning." Online Seminar series. Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
Research, Grants, Publications, & Project Work
- Mid 2019 release [18 Oct 2018 recording date]. How Do I Go beyond the Basics of Universal Design for Learning (UDL)? 20-Minute Mentor series. Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
- Sep 2019. Ullmer, J. Review of Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone: Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education by T. Tobin and K. Behling. Teaching English in the Two-Year College. Vol. 47.1.
- Dec 2019. "Reaching All Learners through their Phones and Universal Design for Learning." Journal of Adult Learning, Knowledge, and Innovation 3.1 (2019). http://akademiai.com/loi/jalki.
- Jan 2020 release. Linder, K., Kelly, K., & Tobin, T. Going Alt-Ac: A Guide to Alternative Academic Careers. Sterling, VA: Stylus Press.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 17 June 2019. © 2001-2019 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.