Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Feb 19, 2019. "How IT Can Foster Expert-Level Universal Design for Learning (UDL)." Anaheim, CA: EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) Annual Meeting.
- Mar 1, 2019. "Faculty Development via Distance Learning." Regional Workshop for Faculty Developers. Lewsiburg, PA: BUcknell University.
- Mar 14, 2019. "The Academic's Guide to Presenting Information." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Mar 19, 2019. "5 Teaching Secrets for Success with Today's Mobile, Time-Crunched Students." Invited keynote. Innovations in Teaching & Learning Luncheon. Office for Teaching and Learning. Detroit, MI: Wayne State University.
- Mar 28-29, 2019. "Making the UDL Case to Campus and School Leaders." UDL-IRN International Summit. Orlando, FL: Universal Design for Learning Implementation & Research Network (UDL-IRN).
- Apr 6, 2019. "Global is Mobile: Hungarian Higher Education and the Transition to Distance Learning." Invited speech. 44th Annual Conference: Identity: Hungarian, European, Global? Pittsburgh, PA: American Hungarian Educators Association (AHEA).
- May 7, 15, & 22, 2019. "Copyright in Higher Education." Online course. EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative.
- May 9-10, 2019. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and workshop. Upper Peninsula Teaching and Learning Conference (UPTLC). Houghton, MI: Michigan Technological University.
- May 15, 2019. "Reach Mobile and Time-Shifted Learners with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and workshop. Further Education Leadership Project. Dublin, Ireland: Association for Higher Education Access and Disability (AHEAD) Ireland.
- May 24, 2019. "Increasing Access and Accessibility for Teaching and Learning Centers." Invited webinar. PODLive! webinar series. Nederland, CO: Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network.
- Jun 5, 2019. "Mobile, Global, and Any Time: Universal Design for Learning" and "Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and workshop. Center for Teaching and Assessment of Learning (CTAL) Annual Teaching Conference. Newark, DE: University of Delaware.
- Jun 11, 2019. "Going Way beyond Accessibility with Universal Design for Learning" and "Expand Learner Choices with Systematic UDL Implementation." Invited keynote and workshop. Council for Academic Technology and Innovative Education (CATIE) Chancellor's Symposium. College Station, TX: Texas A&M University System.
- Jun 13, 2019. "Around the Clock, Around the Block, Mobile and Global, Enhanced: Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote. Big XII Teaching & Learning Conference. Austin, TX: University of Texas-Austin.
- Jul 9-29, 2019. "Ethical and Legal Concepts of Quality in Online Courses." Online course. Learning Design, Development, & Innovation (LDDI). Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Aug 6-8, 2019. Host. 35th Annual Distance Teaching and Learning (DT&L) Conference. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Aug 16, 2019. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote, workshop series, and leadership consultation. Center for Teaching and Learning Professional Development Series. Dallas, TX: Parker University.
- Sep 10, 2019. "Universal Design for Learning is for Our Connected Learners." Invited keynote. eLearning Academy. Spokane, WA: Community Colleges of Spokane.
- Sep 17, 2019. "Grade Less, Teach Less, Learn More." Online Seminar series. Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
- Sep 20, 2019. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote, faculty workshop, student workshop, and leadership consultation. Disability Awareness Week series. Salt Lake City, UT: Salt Lake Community College.
- Sep 26, 2019. "How To Increase Online Student Course Evaluation Rates: 4 Strategies That Work." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Oct 3-5, 2019. "Secret Boss Training: How to Observe and Evaluate Teaching." Invited session. St Louis, MO: Magna Leadership in Higher Education conference.
- Oct 17, 2019. Guest host. UDL in Higher Education #UDLHE Twitter chat. Lexington, KY: University of Kentucky.
- Nov 12, 2019. "Take Your Online Teaching to the Next Level." Online Seminar series. Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
Research, Grants, Publications, & Project Work
- Mid 2019 release [18 Oct 2018 recording date]. How Do I Go beyond the Basics of Universal Design for Learning (UDL)? 20-Minute Mentor series. Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
- Fall 2019 release. Linder, K., Kelly, K., & Tobin, T. Going Alt-Ac: A Guide to Alternative Academic Careers. Sterling, VA: Stylus Press.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 15 February 2019. © 2001-2019 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.