Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- May 9, 2018. "Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone: Extend Teaching beyond the Classroom." Invited lecture. Budapest, HU: Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem Bárczi Gusztáv Faculty of Special Education.
- May 10, 2018. "Digital Presence Best Practices for Professors and Students." Invited lecture. International Week conference. Eger, HU: Eszterházy Károly Egyetem.
- May 30, 2018. "How Mobile Learning Makes Room in Class for Guided Practice." Invited lecture. Budapest, HU: Nemzeti Közszolgálati Egyetem Zrínyi Miklós Laktanya és Egyetemi [National University of Public Service, Zrínyi Miklós Military Base & College].
- Jun 6, 13, & 20, 2018. "Copyright in Higher Education." Online course. EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative.
- Jun 14, 2018. "How to Talk to Our Colleagues about Universal Design for Learning." With Kirsten Behling. Postsecondary Disability Training Institute (PTI) conference. Baltimore, MD: University of Connecticut Neag School of Education.
- Jun 25, 2018. "Secret Boss Training: Get Everyone to Observe Online Courses." Distance Learning Administration (DLA) conference. Jekyll Island, GA: University of West Georgia.
- Jul 17, 2018. "How to Talk to Faculty, Staff, and Campus Leaders about Universal Design for Learning." Pre-Conference workshop with Kirsten Behling. Equity & Excellence: Access in Higher Education. The 41st annual conference of the Association on Higher Education & Disability (AHEAD). Albuquerque, NM: Albuquerque Convention Center.
- Jul 19, 2018. "Beyond Accessibility in Blackboard." Invited featured session. Blackboard BbWorld conference. Orlando, FL: World Center Marriott Hotel.
- Jul 25-27, 2018. "Secret Boss Training: 4 Brightspace Tools for Your Non-LMS Campus Leaders." Houston, TX: Desire2Learn (D2L) Fusion conference.
- Jul 30-31, 2018. "Secret Boss Training: Engage Campus Leaders about UDL." 4th Annual UDL Symposium. Boston, MA: CAST [Center for Applied Special Technology].
- Aug 7-9, 2018. Emcee. Distance Teaching & Learning (DT&L) conference. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Aug 15, 2018. UDL Topics TBD. Invited keynote speech and workshop. Empowering Teaching Excellence conference. Logan, UT: Utah State University.
- Sep 13, 2018. "Implementing Universal Design for Learning to Benefit All Learners." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Oct 4, 2018. "Simplifying Copyright: Fair Use & Ownership In The Online Classroom." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Oct 5-7, 2018. "Copyright for Teaching with Technology." Invited featured session. Magna Teaching with Technology conference. St Louis, MO: Hyatt Regency Hotel.
- Oct 18-20, 2018. Topic TBD. Minneapolis, MN: Magna Leadership in Higher Education conference.
- Oct 23, 2018. "Building Online-Course Community through Instructor Presence." Invited keynote. Provost's Teaching and Learning Summit. Oshkosh, WI: University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.
- Oct 25, 2018. "How to Observe and Evaluate Faculty in the Online Classroom." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Oct 30 - Nov 2, 2018. Topic TBD. Denver, CO: EDUCAUSE annual conference.
- Nov 8, 2018. "Move From 'I Caught You' to 'I Taught You'Creating a Culture of Academic Integrity." Online Seminar series. Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
- Nov 14-16, 2018. Topic TBD. Orlando, FL: OLC Accelerate Conference. .
- Nov 14-18, 2018. Topic TBD. Portland, OR: Professional & Organizational Development (POD) Network conference.
- Dec 6-7, 2018. Topic TBD. Accessible Learning conference. East Lansing, MI: Michigan State University.
Research, Grants, Consulting, and Publications
- Feb 1 - May 31, 2018. Fulbright U.S. Scholar core program grant. Teaching Award 7226: Beyond the Traditional Classroom [PNG]. Budapest, Hungary: Eötvös Loránd University.
- Mar 15 - May 31, 2018. Micro-Learning Module Development: Virtual & Online Presenting Skills. Louisville, CO: EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI).
- Summer 2018. "Reaching All Learners through their Phones and Universal Design for Learning." Journal of Adult Learning, Knowledge, and Innovation 1.2 (2018). http://akademiai.com/loi/jalki.
- Nov 1, 2018 release. Tobin, T., & Behling, K. Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone: Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education. Ed. James Lang. Teaching and Learning in Higher Education series. Morgantown, WV: West Virginia University Press.
- 2019 release. Tobin, T. Going Alt-Ac: A Guide to Alternative Academic Careers. With Kathryn Linder and Kevin Kelly. Sterling, VA: Stylus Press.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 26 April 2018. © 2001-2018 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.