Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Oct 16, 2018. "Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited workshop and campus-leader consultation. Center for Faculty Development workshop series. St. Paul. MN: University of Saint Thomas.
- Oct 18-20, 2018. "Secret Boss Training: How to Observe and Evaluate Teaching." Minneapolis, MN: Magna Leadership in Higher Education conference.
- Oct 23, 2018. "Building Online-Course Community through Instructor Presence." Invited keynote. Provost's Teaching and Learning Summit. Oshkosh, WI: University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.
- Oct 25, 2018. "How to Observe and Evaluate Faculty in the Online Classroom." Invited webinar. Boulder, CO: Innovative Educators.
- Oct 31, 2018. "Talking to Our Colleagues about Universal Design for Learning." Denver, CO: EDUCAUSE annual conference.
- Nov 8, 2018. "Creating a Culture of Academic Integrity." Online Seminar series. Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
- Nov 9, 2018."UDL Jedi Training: Move Learners and Leaders with Only Your Mind." From Novice to Expert: Implementing UDL Across Academic Disciplines conference. Hartford, CT: Goodwin College.
- Nov 13, 2018. "Access as a Civil Right in Higher Education." Hatodik Fogyatékosságtudományi Konferencia [6th Annual Hungarian Disability Studies Conference]. Invited lecture. Budapest, HU: Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem Bárczi Gusztáv Faculty of Special Education.
- Nov 14, 2018. "UDL Jedi Training: Move Learners and Leaders with Only Your Mind." Accessing Higher Ground: Accessible Media, Web, and Technology conference. Westminster, CO: Association on Higher Eduction and Disability (AHEAD).
- Apr 6, 2019. "Global is Mobile: Hungarian Higher Education and the Transition to Distance Learning." Invited speech. 44th Annual Conference: Identity: Hungarian, European, Global? Pittsburgh, PA: American Hungarian Educators Association (AHEA).
- May 9-10, 2019. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote and workshop. Upper Peninsula Teaching and Learning Conference (UPTLC). Houghton, MI: Michigan Technological University.
- Jun 11, 2019. Title TBD. Invited keynote and workshop. Council for Academic Technology and Innovative Education (CATIE) Chancellor's Symposium. College Station, TX: Texas A&M University System.
- Jun 13, 2019. "Around the Clock, Around the Block, Mobile and Global, Enhanced: Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote. Big 12 Teaching & Learning Conference. Austin, TX: University of Texas-Austin.
- Aug 16, 2019. "Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone with Universal Design for Learning." Invited keynote, workshop series, and leadership consultation. Center for Teaching and Learning Professional Development Series. Dallas, TX: Parker University.
Research, Grants, and Publications
- Nov 1, 2018 release. Tobin, T., & Behling, K. Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone: Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education. Ed. James Lang. Teaching and Learning in Higher Education series. Morgantown, WV: West Virginia University Press.
- Nov 2018. Fulbright fellowship interview (title TBD). EPALE Magazin Hungary. Electronic Platform for Adult Learning in Europe (EPALE).
- Dec 2018. "Reaching All Learners through their Phones and Universal Design for Learning." Journal of Adult Learning, Knowledge, and Innovation 1.2 (2018). http://akademiai.com/loi/jalki.
- Dec 31, 2018. Content designer. "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion" module series. Denver, CO: EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative.
- 2019 release. Linder, K., Kelly, K., & Tobin, T. Going Alt-Ac: A Guide to Alternative Academic Careers. Sterling, VA: Stylus Press.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 13 October 2018. © 2001-2018 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.