Speaking, Workshops, and Courses
- Jan 5, 2021 (recording date). "The Post-Pandemic Landscape in Higher Education Technology." Invited interview with Tyler Jacobson. LabStats podcast. Idaho Falls, ID: LabStats.
- Jan 21, 2021. Topic TBD. Invited panelist. ProfChats Twitter chat. Toronto, ON: TopHat Monocle Corporation.
- Jan 26, 2021. "Universal Design for Learning in Student Services and Academic Affairs." Invited webinar. Perkins Equity & Inclusion Grant series. Fond du Lac, WI: Moraine Park Technical College.
- Feb 4, 2021. "Framing UDL within Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Efforts." Guiding This Moment in Higher Education. UDLHE Network DigiCon virtal conference.
- Feb 9, 2021. "Black Swan Design: How to Make Your Courses Flexible with Limited Resources." Invited webinar. 12th Annual Transforming the Teaching & Learning Environment conference. Tahlequah, OK: Northeastern State University.
- Feb 24, 2021. "Universal Design for Learning across Campus." Invited workshop. Faculty-Development series. Des Plaines, IL: Oakton Community College.
- Mar 9, 2021. "Assessment Hacks Revealed: Lower Barriers while Preserving Rigor." Invited keynote. Celebrating Teaching Day. Atlanta, GA: Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Mar 22 - Jun 4, 2021. Associate faculty member. Learning Technology Leadership Program. EDUCAUSE Institute.
- Mar 25, 2021. "The Dark Arts Explained: How to Get Funding, People, and Time to Implement UDL." Invited webinar. Cambridge, MA: 3Play Media.
- Apr 8, 2021. "UDL: Connecting FET Learners, Instructors, and the World." Invited keynote with Ann Heelan. Reconnection: Placing Inclusion at the Heart of Online Learning and Support. Annual international AHEAD conference. Dublin, IE: Association for Higher Ed Access & Disability (AHEAD).
- Apr 13-14, 2021. "Expert UDL for UDL Experts." UDL-IRN International Summit. Kansas City, KS: Universal Design for Learning Implementation & Research Network.
- Apr 15, 2021. "Expert-Level Universal Design for Learning." Invited workshop. Faculty-Development series. Des Plaines, IL: Oakton Community College.
- Spring 2021 TBD. "Going Alt-Ac: Alternative Academic Careers for Technology Professionals." With Kathyrn Linder and Kevin Kelly. Online course. EDUCAUSE Learning Initative.
- Jun 8-10, 2021. Topic TBD. Invited webinar. Virtual Summer Conference. Raleigh, NC: Lecture Breakers.
Research, Grants, Publications, Interviews, & Project Work
- 5 Jan 2021 (recording date). "Humanzing IT Analytics in Colleges and Universities." Campus Connections interview series. With Christopher Jensen. Idaho Falls, ID: LabStats.
- Expected Fall 2021 release. Foreword. McKenna, J. Limitless Learning: Driving Peak Performance in Individuals and Organizations with Universal Design for Learning. Wakefield, MA: CAST Publishing.
- Expected after a COVID-19 vaccine is announced. "How to Make the Most of Academic Conferences." Invited article. Advice Guides series. Chronicle of Higher Education.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 13 January 2021. © 2001-2021 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.